What kind of infection are you dealing with
Search-starter.com will carry out modifications to your browser which is why it is classified as a hijacker. Free software normally have some type of offers attached, and when people do not untick them, they allow them to install. If you want to prevent these kinds of frustrating threats, you need to pay attention to what you install. While redirect viruses aren’t harmful threats themselves, their activity is somewhat questionable. Your browser’s homepage and new tabs will be changed, and a strange site will load instead of your usual site. Your search engine will also be changed, and it may insert sponsored links among the real results. You’re rerouted because the hijacker aims to generate traffic for certain websites, and in turn, make profit for owners. It should be noted that if you get redirected to a malicious page, you could easily get your operating system infected with a malicious software. Malware is a much more serious threat and it could bring about serious harm. You may consider hijackers helpful but you can find the same features in proper plug-ins, ones that will not redirect you to harmful pages. You won’t necessarily see this but hijackers are following your browsing and gathering information so that more customized sponsored content may be created. Furthermore, questionable third-parties may be given access to that information. Thus, terminate Search-starter.com, before it can have a more serious affect on your system.
Download Removal Toolto remove Search-starter.com
|SpyHunter Anti-Malware||Plumbytes Anti-Malware|
|Download SpyHunter||Download Plumbytes|
What you ought to know about these threats
The possible way you got it was via free software installation. Since they’re highly invasive and annoying infections, we highly doubt you got it knowing what it is. The reason this method is so broadly used is because people are careless when they install software, missing all clues that something added. To prevent their installation, they must be unchecked, but because they are hidden, you may not see them if you rush. Default mode will not show anything, and by opting for them, you could contaminate your computer with all kinds of unfamiliar items. Choose Advanced or Custom mode during installation, and attached offers will become visible. If you don’t wish to deal with unwanted installations, ensure you always uncheck the items. Just uncheck the boxes that become visible, and you can then continue installing the free software. Having to deal with these threats can be quite irritating so you would do yourself a great favor if you initially stopped them. You ought to also stop downloading from suspicious sites, and instead, select official/legitimate sites/stores.
If a redirect virus is installed, we really doubt you wouldn’t be aware of it. Your home website, new tabs and search engine would be set to a strange website without your explicit authorization, and it is not probable that you would miss that. Leading browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will likely be affected. The website will load every time you launch your browser, and this will continue until you erase Search-starter.com from your machine. The browser redirect will reverse all alterations you carry out so do not waste time trying to change the settings back to normal. There is also a likelihood that your search engine will be changed, which would mean that whenever you use the browser’s address bar, results would be generated not from your set search engine but from the one the browser hijacker is advertising. As the infection is intending to redirect you, be careful of sponsored links in the results. Browser redirects are frequently implemented by page owners to increase traffic and make more revenue, which is why redirects are happening. Owners are able to earn more profit when there is more traffic because more people are likely to engage with ads. You will be able to make a distinction between those and valid sites without trouble, mainly because they will not match your search inquiry. In certain cases, they could appear legitimate, so if you were to inquire about for something vague, like ‘anti-virus’ or ‘computer’, results with doubtful hyperlinks might come up but you wouldn’t notice initially. Take into consideration that browser redirects can also redirect to infected sites, which might result in you acquiring a severe infection. You should also know that hijackers are able to spy on you in order to gather information about what you click on, what sites you visit, your search queries and so on. Unfamiliar parties might also gain access to the data, and it may be used for advertisement purposes. The data may also be used by the redirect virus for the purposes of creating sponsored content which you’d be more likely to click on. We are certain that the redirect virus shouldn’t be allowed to remain on your operating system, so delete Search-starter.com. After the process is carried, you should be allowed to undo the changes carried out by the hijacker.
Ways to terminate Search-starter.com
Now that it’s clear what the infection is doing, erase Search-starter.com. You will have to choose from two options, manual and automatic, for erasing of the hijacker. If you have dealt with removing programs before, you may go with the former, as you will have to find the infection’s location yourself. While the process may be a bit more time-consuming than initially thought, it ought to be fairly easy to do, and if you need help, we have placed guidelines below this report to assist you. If you follow them properly, you should not come across issues. It should not be the first option for those who have little experience with computers, however. In that case, the best solution for you would be to acquire anti-spyware software, and have it take care of everything. Anti-spyware software is made for for getting rid of such threats, so the elimination process shouldn’t be an issue. Try altering your browser’s settings, if what you change isn’t nullified, the uninstallation process was a success. If the same page keeps loading even after you change the settings, the browser hijacker is still present. These threats are irritating to deal with, so it is best if you prevent their installation in the future, which means you should be more vigilant when installing programs. If you have good tech habits, you will prevent loads of trouble.Download Removal Toolto remove Search-starter.com
|SpyHunter Anti-Malware||Plumbytes Anti-Malware|
|Download SpyHunter||Download Plumbytes|
Learn how to remove Search-starter.com from your computer
- 1. Step 1. Remove Search-starter.com from your computer
- 2. Step 2. Delete Search-starter.com from browser
Search-starter.com removal guide
1. Step 1. Remove Search-starter.com from your computer
1.1. Windows 8 & 10Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. In the Quick Access Menu, click on Control Panel and then press on Uninstall a program to uninstall the software.
1.2. Windows 7Go to Control Panel and click on Uninstall a program to uninstall the software.
1.3. Windows XPFind Control Panel in the Settings of the Click Start. On the Control Panel click on Add or Remove Programs.
1.4. Mac OS XSelect Applications in the Go menu, then find the Search-starter.com application. Drag the app to Trash or right click on it and then select Move to Trash. Right click on the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
2. Step 2. Delete Search-starter.com from browser
2.1. Remove the application from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions. Delete all unrecognized entries, apart from Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close the window.
2.2. Restore Internet Explorer home page if it was changed by the application
- In the Gear menu, select Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete the URL and enter the domain you want as your home page. Press apply.
2.3. Reset browser
- Select Internet Options in the Gear menu.
- Click on the Advanced tab and the press Reset.
- Then choose Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Press Close and close your browser.
- If browser reset was not possible, use anti-malware software to scan your computer.
2.4. Terminate the application from Google Chrome
- In the menu, select Settings.
- Click on Extensions.
- Delete applications by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- You can disable them temporarily by unchecking the Enabled box in case you're not sure what you need to delete.
2.5. Reset Google Chrome home page and search engine
- Select Settings in the menu.
- Under “On start up”, find the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages”. Click on Set pages.
- Remove the set URL and enter the one you want have as your home page. Click OK.
- Then select Manage Search engines in the Search section. Remove unwanted search websites and keep the ones you use. Click Done.
2.6. Reset Browser
- If you find that you're still having issues with your browser, you can reset the settings.
- Go to Settings in the menu.
- In the Advanced settings, click Reset settings.
- Click Reset in the window that appears.
- If you find that you can't restore the settings, use anti-malware software to scan your computer.
2.7. Delete the application from Mozilla Firefox
- In the menu on the top right corner, click Add-ons.
- Select Extensions and Add-ons and remove all unwanted/unknown extensions.
2.8. Restore home page if it was changed
- In the menu, select Options.
- In the General tab, delete the unwanted URL and enter the preferred website. Or you can click Restore to Default.
- Press OK.
2.3. Reset browser
- In the menu, click on Help (the blue question mark at the bottom).
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- Again click Refresh Firefox.
- You if are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox , scan your computer with a anti-malware program.
2.10. Uninstall the application from Safari (Mac OS X)
- In the menu, select Preferences.
- Go to Extensions in the tab section.
- Select the unwanted application and press uninstall. If your unsure if you should delete it, temporarily disable it by unchecking the Enable box.
- Restart your browser.
2.11. Reset Safari
- In the menu, click Reset Safari.
- Check the options you want restored. Press Reset.
- If you can not reset the browser, scan your computer with anti-malware software.
2.12. Remove Search-starter.com from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and press on the three dots located at the top right corner.
- Pick Settings.
- Press on the Choose what to clear button, that is located under Clear browsing data.
- Select everything you want to delete and press Clear.
- Right click on the Start button → Task Manager → Processes tab.
- Find Microsoft Edge and right click on it. Choose Go to details.
- Locate all the Microsoft Edge entries, right-click on them and choose End Task.